We’re just over a week away from the Big Day, so we’re excited to share with you some details of the day.
You can go ahead and explore the map below, or scroll on down to read a bit more about the day.
We’re starting a little later this year
Since the days are getting the tiniest bit longer and our evenings are a teeny bit lighter, so we’re starting things a bit later.
- The on street music before the Parade will be on the closed route from a little before 4pm.
- The Parade itself will start at about 5pm from the usual starting point, and work its way around the route to South Street.
- After the Parade is done, and everybody has put down their lanterns and grabbed a warm drink, the fireworks will start.
Let’s tell you a bit about the music, shall we?
The Bristol Sea Slugs are a four-piece Shanty/Folk band based in Bristol, known for nautical nonsense and heart-warming sea-faring charm. Catch them at the Tobacco Factory from about 3.45pm.
- Bristol Pan Sonic is a community steel band based in Bristol. They will be on North Street Green from 4pm.
- Crowd favourites African Sambistas are an open-minded, open-hearted community troupe of African-samba drummers and dancers. Enjoy their boundless enthusiasm, infectious grooves, and funkin’ moves 4.30pm to 5.15pm outside Zero Green.
- Have you heard Amy from the Woods?
Wonderful, weird and slightly insane.
Some musical madness,
from this human’s brain…Amy From the Woods.
Get down to Toyville to listen to her 4.15pm to 5pm.
- Check out Sam Pennant, from The Callous Lips, a Bristol based Indie-Folk band with stripped down melodic and uplifting tunes. He will be playing outside Hunters betwen 4.30pm and 5.15pm.
- Come listen to Simon Campbell at our newest outdoor entertainment location outside Bedminster Methodist church on British Road. He will be playing between 4.30pm and 5.15pm.
That’s it for now folks, but keep checking back here and on our Facebook page for updates and new info.
See you very soon!